Farmland is able to provide the following services using AquaCrop model as a specific water resource management models and using other tools such as AquaGIS:
- Investigating and monitoring the content of Soil Water
- Check and monitor the available water for plants
- Investigating the effect of water on plant growth
- Evaluation of Soil Drainage System Performance
- Manage and find the best irrigation time based on plant growth stage
- Management of storage and irrigation costs
- Design and implementation of automatic and intelligent irrigation systems.
Precision irrigation technology is one of the most complex issues of digital farming.
There are different paths to increase water use efficiency. Using water management, climate control, field monitoring and simulating with crop models, it is possible to distribute available water based on plant needs.
The general principles of water management by Farmland are as follows: